This year I lost almost 9kg through nutrition and exercise and I’ve picked up so many tips and advice along the way which I want to share with you. The most important thing I have learned is that it doesn’t matter how often you work out, if your diet is bad then you will never loose weight. Nutrition is key to success in weightloss!
The biggest thing I have learned about nutrition is the importance of cooking your meals from scratch. That means not using any tinned foods or jars of sauce in my cooking. I learned that they are laced in hidden sugars, fats and preservatives that are not good for weightloss or nutrition. Once I cut these things from my diet I not only felt much healthier and energetic but I also started to see the weight on the scales dropping.
I plan on bringing you healthy recipes and sharing tips with you so that you do can benefit from the things I have learned. Today I’m bringing you a healthy recipe for sauce which I use as part of a lot of my meals.
Homemade tomato sauce is so simple and easy to make. The best part about is that it’s free from extra sugars, salt and preservatives that are often in tinned tomatoes. It’s much healthier to make your own and it tastes so delicious! Much nicer than anything from a tin.
This sauce is delicious to use as the main base for chili con carne, bolognese sauce and even some curries. There’s so many healthy dishes you can make using this sauce which I will share in coming weeks.
- 6-10 tomatoes roughly diced
- 2/3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1tbsp of basil
- Salt and black pepper
- Freeze the sauce in lunch boxes to save time and money. It’s perfect to have it stocked in your freezer on busy days.
- I buy a whole bag of tomatoes at fruit and veg markets to cut down on cost. Aldi often have special offers on tomatoes so it’s worth stocking up if you get a good deal.
- This can also be eaten as a tomato soup if enough water is added. Add paprika and chili flakes to spice it up!