Today’s recipe is a simple and delicious Bolognese sauce which is homemade and perfect as your weight loss plan. For those of you that don’t know, I post a new recipe every Friday! Check out last weeks healthy curry here.
- Coconut Oil/Olive Oil/Frylyte
- 500g of lean minced beef
- Homemade tomato sauce (recipe is here)
- 1 cup of beef stock (I use Momos- gluten free & free from any flour and starch)
- 1 x diced onion
- 3 x cloves of garlic
- 1 x pepper (capsicum)
- 2 x carrots diced into small pieces
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1 x tbsp of paprika
- 1 x tbsp of basil
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Fry the onion and garlic until the onion is soft
- Add the lean minced beef and cook until brown
- Add the pepper, carrots and mushrooms and fry until the mushrooms are soft
- Stir in the tomato sauce and then add the paprika and basil
- Slowly add in the beef stock and stir through
- Add the bay leaves and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes
- Salt & pepper to taste
To keep this meal healthy I service this on some courgette or carrot spaghetti. It’s also delicious with roasted cauliflower and broccoli.
If you enjoy my recipes and tried any I would love to see some pictures so please send them to me.
If you haven’t seen any of my other recipes then click here.
Don’t forget to come say hi!